1. What are definitions of “Blog”? (find at least 4)
a. A blog
of the term web log
)is a personal journal
published on the World Wide Web
consisting of discrete entries (“posts”) typically displayed in reverse chronological order so the most recent post appears first. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog
2. What blog stand for?
While many people suspect that the word “blog” is an acronym like “HTML,” it is nothing of the sort. In order to really understand the origins and the meaning behind the term “blog,” it’s important to understand the history of blogging. Unlike most other objects or technologies that you may use in your everyday life, blogging has had a very brief history. In fact, the term “web log” was renamed “weblog,” from which “blog” was derived. “Weblog” was only first used by Jorn Barger in December, 1997 on his own website Robot Wisdom. http://socialnetworking.lovetoknow.com/What_Does_Blog_Stand_For
3. What is meant by blog provider?
Blog provider is a kind of software that includes all the features that you need to create your own blog. By using blog provider, you simply need to concentrate on your blog content and all the set-up, developing, and maintenance is handled through blog provider. Since all the technical know-how needed for a blog is provided in the blog provider, it is extremely easy and quick to start your own blog. http://www.thewebhostinghero.com/articles/blog-hosting.html
4. Mentions some blog provider? (find at least 4)
This one has to be the most popular blog software. Whether you’re a blogging novice or you are an advanced web developer, WordPress is easy to use for everybody. Along with a rich text editor, WordPress also has advanced multimedia features which enable you to create a quality blog. The best part about it is that it is open-source software, which means you can install and use it for free. http://www.thewebhostinghero.com/articles/blog-hosting.html
This is also open source blog software. In addition to several features that enable you to create a quality blog, b2evolution has an additional feature that also allows users to promote their blog effectively. With b2evolution, it is possible to optimize your URLS. You can also create simple page addresses that do not include any complex characters, which makes your URL easy to remember and also search engine friendly. http://www.thewebhostinghero.com/articles/blog-hosting.html
is a web services site which offers a multitude of tools to users of all abilities. The blogging service has improved greatly of late, with more and better customisation options available. The other integrated features offered, such as web hosting, statistics, counters and site builders, may be useful. Again, some of these features require a small fee to be activated. http://www.domainmonster.com/editorials/blog_providers/
is one of the oldest and most popular free blog providers on the web, and is great for personal blogs. You can set up a blog for free, and customise its look and feel using predefined templates or your own HTML
. You can also choose to upgrade your account with paid features which allow you to edit a few more aspects of your journal’s look and feel; upload more user icons; and create voice posts and user polls. LiveJournal’s unique selling point is its focus on social networking; users can add others to their Friends List (sometimes called a flist), giving them special permission to view higher-security entries. Friends’ entries are also displayed on a user’s Friends Page. Users who share interests can find one another using the interest search features. http://www.domainmonster.com/editorials/blog_providers/
5. Mentions some function of blog? (find at least 4)
6. What are disadvantages from blog? (find at least 4)
· It can be tricky to drag public comment out of a company without first routing through the sanitizing filter of a press office.
· Even if senior managers trust staff not to give away the company’s commercial secrets – and many don’t – there are still enough worries about libel and (for publicly listed companies) stock market disclosure rules to have the legal department waking in sweats for months to come.
· There are plenty of areas of business where people are judged on their knowledge, and the competitive edge – and thus the safety of everyone’s jobs – is the thickness of a single good idea. Sharing it all on a weblog, with competitors or (worse) an office rival is not really wise.
• There are plenty of areas of business where people are judged on their knowledge, and the competitive edge – and thus the safety of everyone’s jobs – is the thickness of a single good idea. Sharing it all on a weblog, with competitors or (worse) an office rival is not really wise. http://www.enterpriseblogs.info/corporate-blogging/disadvantages